MENTAL HEALTH CARE THAT MEETS YOUR PERSONAL NEEDS
We welcome feedback into how our service can become more innovative in our continuous improvement for better outcomes. We believe feedback is critical in ensuring our commitment towards providing the best service as a mental health specialist provider. Feed back can be provided to Brave Life Social Services at any time in any way
- Brave Life Social Services’ public email address
- Phone contact
- Feedback and Complaint Forms
- Client forums
- Staff collection of client feedback after each major interaction with the service (e.g. initial assessment and planning; reviews; exit).
- Annual client service delivery and satisfaction surveys. All clients will be asked to complete these surveys.
- Where feedback is provided verbally, the receiving staff member will transcribe the feedback onto a Brave Life Social Services Feedback and Complaint Form.
- Provision of feedback through any of Brave Life Social Services’ channels is voluntary.
What can I complain about?
You can complain about any aspect of Brave Life Social Services or the people providing the service. We value your input into how we can improve our service to you which means we take any complaint seriously.
What do I do if I have a complaint?
We believe our front line staff will be best able to assist you with your complaint. However if this isn’t an option there are several other ways to make a complaint.
- You can phone head office and speak to a manager on 0488 304 969.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can fill in an online complaints form through our website www.bravelife.com.au
Our Complaints Procedure requires that we:
- Take immediate action where there appears to be a high risk of harm, neglect or abuse.
- Aim to acknowledge complaints within 24 hours from receipt.
- Call you within two business days of acknowledgement
- Aim to resolve complaints within 21 business days of receipt
- Publish information on our performance
Complaints can be resolved in many different ways and the officer who is handling your complaint can provide you with information about how similar complaints have been resolved.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can ask for the Director to review your complaint and how it was handled. After this, if you are still not satisfied, you may seek assistance from the Commonwealth Ombudsman:
- Call: 1300 362 072
- Web: www.ombudsman.gov.au/making-a-complaint
- Web: www.ombudsman.qld.gov.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (07) 3005 7000
- Toll free: 1800 068 908